Conveniently located to serve Boston, MA
Mastopexy, or breast lifting surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that restores breast shape and/or contour. It involves lifting the breast and nipple to where it used to be earlier in life. Depending on the degree of ptosis (breast sagging), this cosmetic procedure can provide dramatic changes in patients’ breasts.
Mastopexy can take between 1.5-4 hours depending on complexity. The degree of breast ptosis and size/shape asymmetry can contribute significantly to how long it takes. Dr. Lee will take as long as he needs for him to be happy with the final result.
This procedure involves moving the nipple higher and tightening the skin that has stretched over time. In order to achieve this, you must be willing to accept scars on your breasts. The options are:
- A circular scar around the areola, called periareolar mastopexy
- A circular scar around the areola and a vertical scar below the nipple, called the lollipop or vertical mastopexy
- A circular scar around the areola, vertical line below the nipple, and a horizontal scar along the breast fold, called an inverted T mastopexy (most common)
Your Breast Lift will be performed by Dr. Jeffrey Lee at his office in Boston, MA
Before & After
Click here to see more results
You can discuss your specific requirements with Dr. Lee during your consultation.
A good candidate for a mastopexy (breast lift) will have some degree of ptosis (breast sagging). This is most commonly from:
- Weight loss
- Gravity, which causes breast sagging in everyone at some point in their lives
The biggest decision you must make when considering a mastopexy is if you are willing to have the scars. Unfortunately, current techniques of breast lifting surgery require scars on your breasts. Most patients agree that the scars are worth it as they are easily hidden under most bathing suits or clothing.
Common reasons why patients desire a mastopexy include but are not limited to:
- Restoring breast shape/contour after pregnancy or weight loss
- Restoring nipple position after it has descended, which happens to everyone at some point in their life
- Desire for a more youthful appearing breast
Indicators That You Might Require a Breast Lift
The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for a breast lift is for you to undergo an evaluation by Dr. Lee. Here are a few factors you can take into consideration to understand whether a breast lift is the perfect solution for you:
- The Position of Your Areola/Nipple: One factor that surgeons use to determine if sagging is sufficient enough to require a breast lift is whether the areola sits below the breast crease. A good way to check this at home is to take a piece of paper and place it in the crease underneath your breast. If your areola hangs below the edge of the paper, you are probably a good candidate for a breast lift.
- Nipples That Point Downwards: With time, the skin at the lower section of your breast will begin to give in to gravity. In turn, the weight of this sagging breast tissue will pull your nipple downwards. By correcting the position of the breast tissue, a breast lift will ensure that the nipples are repositioned so that they point forwards again.
- Asymmetrical Breasts: In addition to repositioning sagging breasts and contouring the tissues, a breast lift is a good solution to correct the asymmetry of your breasts.
- Aesthetical Goals: While a breast lift will not considerably alter your breast size, it does reshape them for better perkiness and less sag. If you want bigger breasts that are also perkier, then a breast lift in combination with a breast augmentation might just be the solution you’re looking for.
Benefits of a Breast Lift
Sagging breasts can drastically detract from your appearance. A breast lift can make a person look and feel younger. Here are some of the benefits of mastopexy surgery:
- Forward-pointing nipples/areolae
- Firmer breasts
- Decreased chafing/irritation under the breasts
- Rejuvenated breasts contour
- An enhanced and more aesthetically pleasing appearance for the breasts
Recovery after mastopexy is much easier than patients expect. Many patients are feeling good after only a day or two and never require a narcotic pain medication.
Cost of Procedure
Breast Lift prices in Boston are estimates only. Dr. Lee will determine the price during your consultation and will be affected by the recommended surgical technique, patient anatomy, time, and implant type (If applicable). Click here for our pricing guide and additional information.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact JL Plastic Surgery in Boston today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lee.
Follow Us on Instagram